Do you have a special story to tell through animation?
A cultural story? A family memory?
You write the story and we’ll do the rest!
If you’re selected as the author of a winning story, the team from Pacific Kids’ Learning will digitise your story and publish it for free via the PKL Pacific Digital Library.
by 5pm, 10th December 2021. Story elements to be submitted:
- Short story / flash fiction / poetry (300 - 350 words max)
- Storyboard sketch (12-15 frames)
- Author’s biography and photo
- Signed Privacy statement, Media release and parental consent form
Eligibility Criteria / Terms & Conditions:
- Open to Years 4, 5 and 6 Primary School students only
- Can be written in English, dual language text or 100% in any Pacific language
- Students are encouraged to be assisted by 1 adult family member for cultural knowledge sharing and language support (acknowledged in the consent form)
- The story must be original and should not have been previously published anywhere in full or in part
- There are no restrictions on setting, genre or theme
- Copyright of each story remains with the writer. Pacific Kids’ Learning will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning stories via their platform and for promotional purposes
- All stories will be adapted by Pacific Kids’ Learning to meet editing standards and criteria
- All winning stories will be freely accessible via the PKL Pacific Digital Library, with the author maintaining full author acknowledgement
What is a storyboard?
It’s a way to organise what your animation will look like and gives you a visual idea before the animation is made.
Do I have to be good at drawing?
No, your storyboard only needs to be a sketch.
Add additional notes so that you can remind the animators about key ideas
Think about different shots
e.g. would you like to see something close up or far away?